According to a study done by students at Purdue University, it takes an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop…but we aren’t here to talk about Tootsie Pops, at least not the candy .
Lil’ Kim and Sisqo also asked “How many licks does it take to get to the center of the…?”. Every person is different so we aren’t sure exactly how many licks it takes, but what we do know is that there are tons of people who enjoy receiving and/or giving oral sex. Before engaging in the act, here are a few things you should be aware of.
- The three major types of oral sex include:
- Cunnilingus: oral stimulation of the vulva, clitoris, and/or vaginal opening
- Fellatio: oral stimulation of the penis
- Anilingus: oral stimulation of the anus
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) can be transmitted via oral sex, which is why it is important to use condoms and dental dams.
- This is a dental dam! It’s a piece of latex (usually flavored) used to cover the genitals or anus so there’s no direct contact with the mouth. They can be found at your local health department, but if you’re in a pinch, you can always cut a condom or latex/non-latex glove as an alternative. DO NOT use saran wrap!
- There are condoms made for oral sex that come in a variety of flavors including mint, bubblegum, island punch, banana split, and grape. Yummy!
- Spit and/or flavored lube will be your best friend…load up, but not too much!
- The foods you eat can determine how your fluids taste. Fruits will make you taste sweeter while dairy, meats, and fast foods will make you taste…not so sweet.
- There are classes that teach you how to perform oral sex. Here’s a great Fellatio class taught by fellow sexuality educator, Linnea.
- Although it may seem intimidating, making eye contact makes a huge difference.
- When you find something that you (or you partner) likes, DON’T STOP!
- Lastly, be enthusiastic and have consensual fun!